Asia Outlook: Lloyd’s List analysts predict a turbulent recovery
The latest edition of Lloyd’s List’s ‘Ask the Analysts’ webinar series offers insights on: the macro outlook, counterparty risk concerns, dry bulk, box and tanker trade lane updates, shifting market dynamics and how the coronavirus pandemic is affecting the trading relationship between China and the US
Lloyd’s List ‘Ask the Analysts’ webinar is available on demand, featuring access to our Lloyd’s List Intelligence macro outlook data presentation
Reflecting the rapidly revised forecasts in Lloyd’s List Intelligence’s modelling, head of consulting Chris Palsson delivered the data-led death notice of a swift global economic recovery.
China’s first contraction in 28 years inevitably underpinned much of the questioning during this month’s edition of the webinar as attendees pitched questions to our assembled ranks of analysts and experts around shifting supply and demand, box, bulk and tanker dynamics and the likely direction of shipbuilding decisions.
Given that Singapore’s hard-earned reputation as a reliable business centre is taking a hit after spate of financial scandals, culminating in the dramatic demise of Hin Leong, it was perhaps inevitable that many of the questions would also focus on the issues of counter-party risk and credit concerns.
Bunker trades were a key concern, but the volume of questions from webinar attendees focused on risk management indicates that the financial viability of trading partners is a hot topic in the market right now.
The webinar is now available to watch on demand. Follow this link and watch as our panel tackle the following questions.
• Christopher Palsson | Head of the Lloyd’s List Intelligence Consulting team — Offers a full macro overview of the Lloyd’s list Intelligence forecast including a look at our latest data forecasts.
• Cichen Shen, China Editor, Lloyd’s List — Answers questions on how will the pandemic affect international trade patterns and the trading relationship between China and the US?
• Vassilis Mitrelis, Credit Risk Manager, Lloyd’s List Intelligence — Responds to requests for an overview on credit risk for the bulker and container owners and questions regarding the concerns around financing credit in Singapore following the collapse of Hin Leong?
• Vincent Wee, Asia News Editor, Lloyd’s List — Talks about the future of embattled box line PIL and shifts in Asia supply chain.
• Hwee Hwee Tan, Senior Correspondent, Lloyd’s List — Talks us through how the pandemic has disrupted the supply–demand forces and transition of the energy sector.
• Inderpreet Walia, Dry Bulk Reporter, Lloyd’s List — Answers questions related to shifting trade dynamics related to the dry bulk sector.
• Michelle Wiese Bockmann | Markets Editor, Lloyd’s List — Offers the latest view of floating storage and tanker market dynamics.
The webinar is available for free on demand once you have registered your details. Click here.