Lloyd's List summer internship returns for second year
Applicants sought from final-year graduates across the UK and Europe
SHIPPING industry bible Lloyd’s List is bringing back its standout summer internship for aspiring maritime journalists for a second year.
The Tom Leander Internship for aspiring maritime journalists is open to all final-year students/graduates in the UK and Europe with an interest in maritime journalism, in association with international law firm Norton Rose Fulbright.
This fully paid-for internship will be held in central London from June to August 2018.
The successful graduate will experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-orientated, international newsroom. They will have the chance to visit industry organisations and to network at key events.
The internship will also include unique training placements at key organisations that have partnered with Lloyd's List. Partner organisations include Inmarsat, Odgers Berndtson, Seafarers UK, UK Chamber of Shipping, Maritime London, Elaborate and DP World Southampton.
Our services combine quality editorial, cutting-edge analysis and real-time data to produce information used by major global companies across diverse industries.
What you will be doing:
* Research and write breaking news stories that offer authoritative insight in their respective markets.
* Develop and expand coverage of UK and European shipping issues relevant to Lloyd’s List subscriber base.
* Promote Lloyd’s List content and brand on social media networks.
* Write Lloyd’s List Tom Leander Internship blog.
* Attend editorial planning meetings and pitch stories.
What we are looking for:
* A confident, pragmatic and personable graduate with an interest in maritime journalism.
* Fantastic written and verbal communication skills, including an aptitude for presenting and pitching.
* A pro-active approach to problem-solving.
* Prodigious organisational skills, a “go-getter” attitude and gregariousness are all musts.
* Ability to remain unshakable and unflappable under pressure and deadlines.
This is an opportunity for a talented graduate to work with a true global leader in maritime; we are rated in the Top 5 large companies to work for in the UK. While the skills we have outlined are key, aptitude and attitude is just as important.
Please note the Tom Leander Internship is based in London and, as such, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Finalists must be available to attend a judging panel in London in the last week of April 2018.
Please submit your CV with a cover letter to give us something nice to read about why we should hire you; applications without cover letters will automatically be rejected.
Deadline for applications February 28.