If content does not display, please refresh your browser.
Not a subscriber?
Find out about tailored subscription packages:
T: +44 (0) 20 3377 3792
Register for our free email digests:
Maritime Manager Invest Hong Kong
Maritime Manager Invest Hong Kong
Published: 2 March 2018
Salary: HK$55,825 per month
(i) To promote Hong Kong to the external Maritime Cluster (including ship owners, ship managers, shipping lines, maritime lawyers/ arbitrators/ mediators, ship financiers and marine insurance companies, etc);
(ii) To provide assistance to overseas, Mainland and Taiwanese companies from the Maritime Cluster in setting up businesses in Hong Kong;
(iii) To conduct marketing activities to attract and retain companies from the Maritime Cluster,
(iv) To prepare briefs, presentations, marketing materials and undertaking research on the Maritime Cluster; and
(v) To organise activities such as roundtables, seminars, sponsored events and missions/ duty visits to promote the Hong Kong Maritime Cluster.
- A Hong Kong Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, preferably in maritime studies, business administration, finance, economics, journalism or international marketing; a higher degree would be an advantage;
- Meet the language proficiency requirements of “Level 2” results in the two language papers (Use of Chinese and Use of English) in the Common Recruitment Examination (CRE) or equivalent (see Note (a) to (c));
- Minimum five years of relevant full-time work experience preferably gained in the Maritime Cluster (including ship owners, shipping lines, ship managers, maritime lawyers/ arbitrators/ mediators, ship financiers and marine insurance companies, etc); or international marketing;
- Knowledge of and good understanding of the global and Hong Kong Maritime Cluster; and Hong Kong’s business environment, knowledge of and experience in investment promotion, marketing communications or economic development would be an advantage;
- Fluency in English, Cantonese and Putonghua is a must.Proficiency in another language such as Japanese, French or German will be an advantage; and
- Excellent writing skills in both English and Chinese.
(Note: The post may require some international travel and similar work experience would be an advantage.)
- Level 5 or above in Chinese Language of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) is accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the Use of Chinese (UC) paper of the CRE. Level 5 or above in English Language of the HKDSEE is accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the Use of English (UE) paper of the CRE.
- Grade C or above in Use of English of the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE) or in English Language of the General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) (GCE A Level) is accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the UE paper of the CRE. Grade C or above in Chinese Language and Culture or Chinese Language and Literature of the HKALE is accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the UC paper of the CRE.
- An overall band of 6.5 or above with no subtest score below band 6 obtained in the same sitting in the Academic Module of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) within the two-year validity period of the test is accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the UE paper of the CRE. The IELTS test result must be valid on any date during the application period.
Terms of Appointment
Successful candidate will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for normally 24 months. Renewal of contract will be subject to the service need of the department and the performance and conduct of the candidate.
An end-of-contract gratuity may be granted upon satisfactory completion of the contract. Such gratuity, if granted plus any contribution made by the Government to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) scheme in respect of the appointee as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance, will equal 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period; and
The successful candidate will be granted 14 days of annual leave. Rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), maternity/ paternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted mainly in line with the provisions of the Hong Kong Employment Ordinance.
How to Apply
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed forms, together with supplementary information to demonstrate applicant’s experience in (b) and (c) of the prescribed entry requirements above should be forwarded to the mailing address or e-mail address as shown below on or before the closing date for application. Please specify “Application for Manager, Maritime” and the job reference on the envelope or subject title of the e-mail. Applications without the application form [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] or related documents may not be processed. For effective and timely delivery of mails, all applicants are required to ensure that their posted mail items are affixed with sufficient postage. Mail items bearing insufficient postage will not reach us and will be handled by Hongkong Post. Late submission will not be processed. Candidates meeting the basic requirements, after shortlisting if applicable, will be invited for selection interview in about six to eight weeks from the closing date of application. Those who are not invited for interviews may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Mailing Address: Corporate Services Team, Invest Hong Kong, 25/F, Fairmont House, 8 Cotton Tree Drive, Central, Hong Kong.
Email Address: email@example.com
Enquiry: 3107 1076
Closing Date: 15 March 2018, 5:00pm (Hong Kong time)
* Please visit our website www.InvestHK.gov.hk for information on our department.
- Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
- As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
- Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
- The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
- Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
- It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting.
- Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address indicated.
All set! This article has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All fields are required. For multiple recipients, separate email addresses with a semicolon.
Please Note: Only individuals with an active subscription will be able to access the full article. All other readers will be directed to the abstract and would need to subscribe.