If content does not display, please refresh your browser.
Not a subscriber?
Find out about tailored subscription packages:
T: +44 (0) 20 3377 3792
DEVELOPMENT CONSENT ORDER AT CLEVE HILL SOLAR PARK
DEVELOPMENT CONSENT ORDER AT CLEVE HILL SOLAR PARK,
Published: 31 May 2018
SECTION 48 PLANNING ACT 2008
REGULATION 4 INFRASTRUCTURE PLANNING (APPLICATIONS: PRESCRIBED FORMS AND PROCEDURE)
DEVELOPMENT CONSENT ORDER AT CLEVE HILL SOLAR PARK, GRAVENEY
NOTICE PUBLICISING A PROPOSED APPLICATION FOR A DEVELOPMENT CONSENT ORDER (“DCO”)
Notice is hereby given that Cleve Hill Solar Park Ltd (the “Applicant”) of Woodington House, Woodington Road, Hampshire, SO51 6DQ, proposes to apply to the Secretary of State under section 37 of the Planning Act 2008 for the above-mentioned Development Consent Order (the “Application”).
The Application relates to the construction and operation of a solar photovoltaic (PV) electricity generating and storage facility at Cleve Hill, Graveney, situated approximately 2 km north-east of Faversham and 5 km west of Whitstable on the north Kent coast. The Project will cover an area of approximately 890 acres.
The proposed DCO will, amongst other things, authorise:
• Construction, operation, maintenance and decommissioning of a solar PV electricity generating and storage facility with an export capacity of over 50MW;
• Associated and/or ancillary works including construction of a substation and cable works to connect to the National Grid substation, maintenance works to the sea defence, and the creation of a habitat mitigation area;
• The permanent and/or temporary compulsory acquisition (if required) of land and/or rights;
• The overriding of easements and other rights over or affecting land;
• The application and/or disapplication of legislation including inter alia legislation relating to compulsory purchase and landlord and tenant; and
• Such ancillary, incidental and consequential provisions, licenses, property rights, permits and consents as are necessary and/or convenient.
The Project is an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) development for the purposes of the Infrastructure Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2017. This means that the proposed works involved constitute development for which an EIA is required and the proposed application for a DCO will therefore be accompanied by an Environmental Statement. Additionally, the Applicant will be making preliminary environmental information (PEI) available. A copy of the PEI Technical Report together with a Non-Technical Summary, our Statement of Community Consultation and other consultation documents detailing our consultation process and details of the Project may be inspected free of charge at the following locations:
• Kent County Council, County Hall, Maidstone, ME14 1XQ Opening hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
• Canterbury City Council, Military Road, CT1 1YW Opening hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
• Swale Borough Council, Swale House, East St, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 3HT Opening hours Monday-Thursday 8.45am-5pm, Friday 8.45am-4.30pm
• Swale Borough Council, Alexander Centre, 15-17 Preston Street, Faversham, Kent, ME13 8NZ Opening hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
• Swale Borough Council, Sheppey Gateway, 38-42 High Street, Sheerness, Kent, ME12 1NL Opening hours Monday-Friday 9am-6pm, Saturday 9am-5pm
• Faversham Library, Newton Rd, Faversham ME13 8DY Opening hours Monday-Friday 9am-6pm, Saturday 9am-5pm
• Teynham Library, 131 London Rd, Teynham, Sittingbourne ME9 9QJ Opening hours Monday 2pm-5pm, Tuesday 9.30am-12pm, Wednesday 2pm-5pm, Thursday 9.30am-12pm, Saturday 9am-1pm
• Boughton-under-Blean Library, School Lane, Faversham ME13 9AW Opening hours Tuesday 10am-4pm, Friday 2pm-4pm, Saturday 9am-12pm.
The documents relating to the proposed DCO for the Project will be on display at the above locations and times and available for inspection free of charge from 31 May 2018 until at least 13 July 2018.
The aforementioned documents will also be available at public exhibitions held as follows:
• Wednesday 13 June from 4.30pm to 7.30pm, at Ferry House Inn, Harty Ferry Road, Harty, ME12 4BQ
• Thursday 14 June from 1.30pm to 8pm, at Graveney Village Hall, Graveney, Faversham, ME13 9DN
• Friday 15 June from 11am to 4pm, at Seasalter Christian Centre, Seasalter, Faversham Road, Whitstable, CT5 4AX
• Saturday 16 June from 11am to 5.30pm, at Faversham Guildhall, 8 Market Place, Faversham, ME13 7AG
A full set of consultation documents can also be provided free of charge on CD ROM or USB on request to the Applicant. Further details in relation to the Project and these documents can be found on the Applicant’s website www.clevehillsolar.com
The documents can be made available in hard copy format on request at a cost of £250.
Any responses to or other representation in respect of the Project should be sent to the Applicant by email to email@example.com or by post to FREEPOST: Cleve Hill Solar.
Any response or representation in respect of the proposed DCO must (i) be received by the Applicant on or before Friday 13 July 2018, (ii) be made in writing, (iii) state the grounds of the response or representation, (iv) indicate who is making the response or representation, and (v) give an address to which correspondence relating to the response or representation may be sent.
Responses and other representations will be made public.
All set! This article has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All fields are required. For multiple recipients, separate email addresses with a semicolon.
Please Note: Only individuals with an active subscription will be able to access the full article. All other readers will be directed to the abstract and would need to subscribe.