If content does not display, please refresh your browser.
Not a subscriber?
Find out about tailored subscription packages:
T: +44 (0) 20 3377 3792
Register for our free email digests:
KY VENUS INVITATION TO TENDER
KY VENUS INVITATION TO TENDER
Published: 31 July 2017
INVITATION TO TENDER
IN THE HIGH COURT OF THE
HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION
COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
RE: HCAJ 47 of 2017
The ship or vessel “KY VENUS" (the “Vessel”)
Pursuant to the order for sale of the Vessel made by the High Court of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region on the 16 June 2017 and 26 July 2017 respectively tenders are invited for the purchase of the Vessel (a general description of which is set out below) upon the following terms.
1. The Vessel is offered for sale as she lies in the waters of Hong Kong in her “as is” “where is” condition at the date of delivery without any warranties or guarantees. The Vessel is sold free from incumbrances, with everything on board belonging to her but excluding any equipment on hire.
2. No error or misdescription in this invitation or otherwise by representatives of the Government or the High Court of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region shall entitle the successful tenderer (”the Buyer”) to annul the sale.
3. Tenderers are advised to make all and any such enquiries as they think fit. Permission to inspect the Vessel may be obtained from the Chief Bailiff.
4. Tenders for the purchase of the Vessel must:
(a) be in writing addressed to the Registrar of the High Court, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region;
(b) be in a sealed envelope so addressed and marked “HCAJ 47 of 2017 – CONFIDENTIAL”;
(c) be accompanied by way of deposit by a cashier’s order or bank draft drawn by a Hong Kong bank or a bank having a branch office or banking correspondents in Hong Kong
or certified cheque drawn on such a bank of 10% of the offer payable to “Registrar, High Court” and crossed in “HCAJ 47 of 2017” (the “Deposit”);
(d) be expressed to be irrevocable until 23 August 2017;
(e) reach the Registrar c/o Chief Bailiff (Administration & Admiralty) at Bailiff Office, LG 3/F, High Court Building, 38 Queensway, Hong Kong not later than 2:00 p.m. on 16 August 2017, otherwise such tenders will be treated as invalid; and
(f ) be expressed in Hong Kong Dollars or United States Dollars with payment of the Deposit being made in the same currency as the tender.
5. The Registrar is not bound to accept the highest or any tender.
6. If a tender is accepted the balance (plus the sum payable for bunker fuel) of the purchase price also in the form of a cashier’s order, bank draft or certified cheque payable as aforesaid must be paid within 7 days of the acceptance of the tender and if not so paid the deposit of 10% will be forfeited in which event the Registrar will be at liberty to sell the Vessel to any other party or parties.
7. The Buyer shall within 7 days of the acceptance of the tender pay by the aforesaid methods the Hong Kong market price for the bunker fuel remaining on board on the date of delivery, such quantity and price to be determined by the Chief Bailiff or his agent.
8. Upon payment of the balance of the purchase price, a bill of sale will be duly executed on behalf of the High Court of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in favour of the Buyer.
9. The Registrar may in his discretion agree that the Vessel be sold to a nominee of the Buyer. Such nominee and the Buyer shall sign an addendum to this Invitation to Tender in such form as the Registrar may require. Any nomination shall be made no later than 3 working days prior to the delivery of the Vessel. Any nomination made by the Buyer shall be irrevocable. No further nomination is permitted.
10. Deposits will be refunded to unsuccessful tenderers.
11. Any tenderer who does not receive notice by 23 August 2017 that his tender has been accepted may assume that such tender has been rejected.
12. Should the Vessel become a total loss (or be accepted by underwriters as a constructive total loss) before delivery of the Vessel to the Buyer the sale shall be null and void and the Deposit will be refunded to the Buyer.
13. The Buyer shall be liable for any fees duties taxes or dues of whatever nature which may become payable upon the purchase and transfer of the Vessel.
14. On completion of the sale the Buyer will assume all responsibility for complying with all Hong Kong Marine Department directions regarding the Vessel.
15. This invitation and the sale of the Vessel is made and effected without any liability of whatsoever nature of the High Court of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region or its officers, employees or agents.
(K. W. LUNG)
26 July 2017
PARTICULARS OF THE VESSEL
NAME: “KY VENUS”
IMO NO. 9478107
REGISTRY: Jeju, Republic of Korea
TYPE OF VESSEL: Oil & Chemical Tanker (IMO II)
BUILT: Kwang Sung Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. Mokpo, Republic of Korea.
DATE OF BUILD: 06 May 2010
CLASSIFICATION: Korean Register of Shipping + KRS1 Oil/Chemical, +KRM1-IGS
LENGTH: 128.60 m. (OA) 120.40 m. (BP)
BREADTH: 20.40 m. (M)
DEPTH: 11.50 m. (M)
LIGHT WEIGHT: 4450 mt.
SUMMER DEADWEIGHT: 13049 mt.
SUMMER DRAUGHT: 8.714 m.
CRANE: SWL 5.0 t.
MAIN ENGINE: STX-MAN B & W
6S 35 MC 4440 kW
AUXILIARY ENGINES: Hyundai Himsen 5H 17/28
BOILER: Miura Co., Ltd. HB-12T, Vertical Water Tube
BOW THRUSTER: 400 kW
CARGO CAPACITY: 14315.708 M3
12 tanks + 2 slop tanks
CARGO PUMPS: FRAMO, Carso 12 x 300 M3/h, slops 2 x 100 M3/h,
Portable 1 x 70 M3/h.
SERVICE SPEED: 13.5 knots
All set! This article has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All fields are required. For multiple recipients, separate email addresses with a semicolon.
Please Note: Only individuals with an active subscription will be able to access the full article. All other readers will be directed to the abstract and would need to subscribe.