If content does not display, please refresh your browser.
Not a subscriber?
Find out about tailored subscription packages:
T: +44 (0) 20 3377 3792
BRIGHTOIL GLORY INVITATION TO TENDER
BRIGHTOIL GLORY INVITATION TO TENDER
Published: 2 May 2019
INVITATION TO TENDER
IN THE HIGH COURT OF THE
HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION
COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
RE: HCAJ 4 of 2019
The ship or vessel “BRIGHTOIL GLORY” (the “Vessel”)
Pursuant to the order for sale of the Vessel made by the High Court of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region on the 4 February 2019, as varied by the Orders made on 27 March 2019 and 28 March 2019 respectively, tenders are invited for the purchase of the Vessel (a general description of which is set out below) upon the following terms.
1. The Vessel is offered for sale as she lies in the waters of Hong Kong in her “as is” “where is” condition at the date of delivery without any warranties or guarantees. The Vessel is sold free from incumbrances, with everything on board belonging to her but excluding any equipment on hire.
2. No error or misdescription in this invitation or otherwise by representatives of the Government or the High Court of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region shall entitle the successful tenderer (”the Buyer”) to annul the sale.
3. Tenderers are advised to make all and any such enquiries as they think fit. Permission to inspect the Vessel may be obtained from the Chief Bailiff.
4. Tenders for the purchase of the Vessel must:
(a) be in writing addressed to the Registrar of the High Court, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region;
(b) be in a sealed envelope so addressed and marked “HCAJ 4 of 2019 – CONFIDENTIAL”;
(c) be accompanied by way of deposit by a cashier’s order or bank draft drawn by a Hong Kong bank or a bank having a branch office or banking correspondents in Hong
Kong or certified cheque drawn on such a bank of 10% of the offer payable to “Registrar, High Court” and crossed in “HCAJ 4 of 2019” (the “Deposit”);
(d) be expressed to be irrevocable until 27 May 2019;
(e) reach the Registrar c/o Chief Bailiff (Administration & Admiralty) at Bailiff Office, LG 3/F, High Court Building, 38 Queensway, Hong Kong not later than 2:00 p.m. (Hong
Kong time) on 20 May 2019, otherwise such tenders will be treated as invalid;
(f ) follow the arrangement in respect of tender closing time in the times of gale or rainstorm warnings in Hong Kong as set out below:
(i) in case a Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or a Tropical Cyclone Signal No.8 or above is lowered or cancelled before or at 11:00 a.m. (Hong Kong time) on 20 May 2019,
the tender closing time will remain unchanged;
(ii) in case a Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or a Tropical Cyclone Signal No.8 or above is lowered or cancelled after 11:00 a.m. (Hong Kong time) on 20 May 2019, the
tender closing time will be deferred to 02:00 p.m. (Hong Kong time) on the next weekday (i.e. except Saturday and Sunday) other than public holidays; and
(g) be expressed in Hong Kong Dollars or United States Dollars with payment of the Deposit being made in the same currency as the tender.
5. The Registrar is not bound to accept the highest or any tender.
6. If a tender is accepted the balance (plus the sum payable for bunker fuel) of the purchase price also in the form of a cashier’s order, bank draft or certified cheque payable as aforesaid must be paid within 7 days of the acceptance of the tender and if not so paid the deposit of 10% will be forfeited in which event the Registrar will be at liberty to sell the Vessel to any other party or parties.
7. The Buyer shall within 7 days of the acceptance of the tender pay by the aforesaid methods the Hong Kong market price for the bunker fuel remaining on board on the date of delivery, such quantity and price to be determined by the Chief Bailiff or his agent.
8. Upon payment of the balance of the purchase price, a bill of sale will be duly executed on behalf of the High Court of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in favour of the Buyer.
9. The Registrar may in his discretion agree that the Vessel be sold to a nominee of the Buyer. Such nominee and the Buyer shall sign an addendum to this Invitation to Tender in such form as the Registrar may require. Any nomination shall be made no later than 3 working days prior to the delivery of the Vessel. Any nomination made by the Buyer shall be irrevocable. No further nomination is permitted.
10. Deposits will be refunded to unsuccessful tenderers.
11. Any tenderer who does not receive notice by 27 May 2019 that his tender has been accepted may assume that such tender has been rejected.
12. Should the Vessel become a total loss (or be accepted by underwriters as a constructive total loss) before delivery of the Vessel to the Buyer the sale shall be null and void and the Deposit will be refunded to the Buyer.
13. The Buyer shall be liable for any fees duties taxes or dues of whatever nature which may become payable upon the purchase and transfer of the Vessel.
14. On completion of the sale the Buyer will assume all responsibility for complying with all Hong Kong Marine Department directions regarding the Vessel.
15. This invitation and the sale of the Vessel is made and effected without any liability of whatsoever nature of the High Court of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region or its officers, employees or agents.
25 April 2019
PARTICULARS OF VESSEL
Vessel’s name BRIGHTOIL GLORY
IMO No. 9602617
Port Of Registry Hong Kong
Type Of Vessel Double Hull Oil Tanker
Builder Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd., Gunsan, South Korea.
Date Of Delivery 10th July 2012.
Classification Society L.R.
Length 333.14 m (O.A.) 319.05 m (B.P.)
Breadth (moulded) 60 m
Depth (moulded) 27.8 m
GRT 161,296.00 M/T
NRT 110,773 M/T
Lightweight 44,741.00 M/T
Summer Deadweight 299,999 M/T
Summer Draught 21.521 m
Main Engine Hyundai-MAN B&W -6S90ME-C8.2-TII 30,423 kW @ 75.6 RPM
Auxiliary Engines 3 x Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd., 6H21/32 - 1,277 kW @ 900 RPM
C.O.T. Capacity 353,626.40 m3 (100% Full) (included slop tanks)
All set! This article has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All fields are required. For multiple recipients, separate email addresses with a semicolon.
Please Note: Only individuals with an active subscription will be able to access the full article. All other readers will be directed to the abstract and would need to subscribe.